Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at the Rowlett Farmers Market at the Village of Rowlett! At the Rowlett Farmers Market, we accept farmers and ranchers, food artisans and local specialty items. Application does not guarantee vendor acceptance.
Qualifications: Vendors must directly grow, raise, and/or produce the products for sale in the North East or North Central Texas regions. At this time, the Rowlett Farmers Market prohibits the following: arts and crafts, fundraising & other marketing related activities.
Fees: $15 – 10’×10' space
Application Process: Market officials review all applications and will contact applicants with additional questions, approval, wait list information.
Farmers Market Food Safety Guidelines
1. Vendors producing or manufacturing food products must submit a copy of their manufacturing permit from the TX Dept. of State Health Services. Home bakers must submit a copy of their food handler’s certificate approved by the TX Dept. of State Health Services.
2. Vendors selling taxable goods must submit a copy of their sales tax permit.
3. Vendors wishing to sample foods must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Provide hand wash station consisting of: continuous flow spigot for clean potable water, antibacterial liquid soap and paper towels, container to catch dirty water from hand washing.
- Three step ware washing station to be available to wash, rinse, and sanitize utensils.
- Trash can to capture cups/utensils.
- Served while wearing clean or disposable plastic gloves.
- Observing proper hand washing techniques immediately before preparing samples
- Produce intended for sampling is washed in potable water to remove soil or other visible material
- All potentially hazardous food maintained at 41°F or below s/b disposed of w/in 2 hrs. Public time as health control will not be allowed for TCS foods prepackaged/wrapped or otherwise made to be sold whole to the public.
- Utensil and cutting surfaces used for cutting samples are smooth, non-absorbent, and easily cleaned or disposed of.
4. Egg producers selling only ungraded eggs from their own flock may be exempt from the TX Dept. of Agriculture, but must be permitted by the State Health Services. Eggs must be stored under refrigeration at 45 degrees or less. Vendors must provide a thermometer to verify temperature. (Eggs must be labeled as non-graded and sold in new cartons – no previously used cartons).
5. Meat vendors must submit a copy of their State or USDA licensing to ensure that meat is properly processed under State and/or USDA regulations. Specific labeling requirements must also be met ex: safe food handling, name and address of distributor or packer etc. Meat must be stored frozen in a mechanical freezer at 0 degrees or less.
6. Milk vendors must submit a copy of state milk licensing. Fluid milk, dry milks and milk products complying with Grade-A standards shall be obtained and pasteurized.
7. Vendors selling foods requiring temperature control must have equipment onsite in order to maintain proper food temperatures. All refrigeration or freezer units must have thermometers on hand for verifying temperatures.
8. All cottage food products must meet Texas Cottage Law labeling requirements to include the following information: the name and physical address of the cottage food production operation; the common or usual name of the product; if a food is made with a major food allergen, such as eggs, nuts, soy, peanuts, milk or wheat that ingredient must be listed on the label; as well as the following statement: "This food is made in a home kitchen and is not inspected by the Department of State Health Services or a local health department." Labels must be legible.
9. All cottage food products must be packaged in a manner that prevents product contamination.
10. The following cottage food products may be sold:
- Baked goods requiring no refrigeration, i.e. cakes, cookies, pastries. (No custards/cream fillings)
- Candy (including chocolate, chocolate-dipped pretzels, chocolate-dipped Oreos, etc.)
- Coated and uncoated nuts
- Unroasted nut butters, fruit butters
- Canned jams and jellies
- Fruit pies (including pecan pie)
- Dehydrated fruits/vegetables includes dried beans
- Popcorn and popcorn snacks
- Cereal, including granola
- Dry mixes
- Vinegar, pickles, mustard
- Roasted coffee or dry tea
- Dried herbs or herb mixes
- Baked goods requiring refrigeration may not be sold under the cottage food law, i.e. cream pies, meringue pies, cheesecakes, pumpkin pies, chocolate covered fruit
11. Rowlett Farmers Market vendors are subject to an inspection by the city health inspector.
I, the undersigned, certify the statements made by me are true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge. I agree to abide by the rules as stated in the “Rowlett Farmers Market Rules”. I understand any misstatement or omission of facts in this application may be cause for rejection of this application and/or cancellation of a prior approval of an application. I, the undersigned, understand and agree to keep and maintain my vendor space(s) and all areas in and about said vendor space(s) clean and free of debris and any conditions that might potentially result in or cause injury to myself and any other persons or parties. I also understand and agree I am solely responsible and assume entire responsibility and liability for any claim or actions based on or arising out of injuries, including death, to persons, or damages to or destruction of property, sustained or alleged to have been sustained in connection with or to have arisen out of or incidental to the condition and quality of any and all products, produce, wares and matters of any kind that I produce, market, display, serve and/or sell at, about or through the “Rowlett Farmers Market”. I, the undersigned, further specifically agree to fully defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the City of Rowlett, Rowlett County and the Village of Rowlett Association and their respective officials, officers, agents, directors, attorneys and employees (hereafter referred to collectively as the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all suits, claims, judgments, demands, actions or causes of action, liabilities, losses, costs or expenses, including the reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs and disbursements, whether arising in equity, at common law, or by statue, or under the law of contracts, torts (including negligence and strict liability without regard to fault) or property, of every kind and character (including claims for personal injury, bodily injury, emotional distress, real and personal property damage and economic loss) (all of which are hereinafter collectively called “Claims”), which may now or in the future be brought or instituted or asserted on account of or growing out of or arising from (i) any failure on my part, my partners, officers, managers or agents, subtenants or licensees (“My Parties”) to comply with the provisions of this Agreement, or to comply with the provisions of law applicable to my business, or the provisions of law applicable to the property of Rowlett County and the City of Rowlett, or (ii) any and all injuries or damages, including death, to persons or properties relating to the condition, or my use or occupancy of the property of the City of Rowlett and Rowlett County, including the operation of my business upon such property, regardless of any extraordinary shifting of risk, and even if the claims are caused by the active or passive negligence or sole, joint, current or comparative negligence of indemnified parties regardless of whether liability without fault or strict liability is imposed upon or alleged against such indemnified parties, but not to the extent that a court of competent jurisdiction holds in a final judgment that a claim is caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence of such indemnified parties. The indemnity provided hereby specifically includes, but is not limited to, any loss, damage, or injury sustained by me, and any and all of my agents, employees, invitees, including caterers, and its contractors and patrons whether to person or property and whether the result of negligence, gross negligence or wrongful conduct. The indemnification shall also include costs of defense, which shall be an attorney of the Indemnified Parties’ choice, court costs, expert witness fees, and any judgment together with prejudgment and post-judgment interest. The City of Rowlett, Rowlett County nor the Village of Rowlett Association assumes any responsibility for any property placed on or in its facilities or grounds. I acknowledge and agree the City of Rowlett, Rowlett County and Village of Rowlett Association will not provide any security for the market and the City, County and Village of Rowlett Association shall not be liable for any lost, stolen and/or damaged property, materials, equipment, produce, goods, and any other items associated and/or used in conjunction with the market. I hereby release the City, County, Village of Rowlett Association and their Officials, Officers, Board of Directors, Agents, Representatives and Employees from, and waives any and all rights to any and all claims for damages, or otherwise, I may have with regard to lost, stolen and/or damaged property, materials, equipment, produce, goods and any other items associated and/or used in conjunction with the market. By submitting this application, I agree to a site visit to confirm application information, by at least one member of the “Rowlett Farmers Market”, prior to acceptance of application. Photos may be taken at the site visit for future marketing purposes. By signing this application I also agree that I have read and understand the Market Rules and will comply by them.